Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sew Grateful Card

I have another ScrappyDew project for you all today.  I know a lot of crafts go hand-in-hand and for me sewing was one of my first crafting adventures.  If you fall into that category too, then you will appreciate the sewing nature of this card.

I used the adorable Sewing Palz SVG files for the pin cushion, needle and the spool of thread. I think they were a perfect match for the patchwork patterned paper.  I also carried the sewing theme with the ribbon that has stitching lines on it and I also used my sewing machine to sew the background papers together.  The sentiment is a digi stamp from Clearly Digi Stamps.
 This is a close up of the focal point.  I thought the burlap behind the die cuts allowed for more of a solid color behind them, but still added texture and visual interest.
Here I am trying to show you the layers of dimension and textures.  I also added glossy accents to the needle and the pin heads.  There is a lot going on with this card LOL!
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Chosen top 3 at Twist of Faith Card Challenge!

Entering here:
June 13 Totally Papercrafts
June 13 3 Girls Jam
June 14 Jellypark Challenge (Summer Brights palatte)
June 15 613 Avenue
June 17 Bearly Mine Challenge
June 17 Pink Cricut Link Up Party
June 17 Through The Craft Room Door
June 18 Twist of Faith
June 19 Word Art Wednesday
June 19 Paper Pretties
June 19 Simon Says Stamp and Show
June 22 Paper Playtime
June 23 Melonheadz Friends
June 28 Chalk N Stock (brown chalk around the die cuts)
June 30 DL.ART monthly linky
June 30 Mema's Crafts

22 comments:

  1. Beth, this is such a wonderful card. Love all the extra touches. Great Job!!



    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO (or should I saw....SEW) cute! I love sewing themed cards. They're my most favorite to make. Thank you for sharing this darling creation in our challenge this week. I hope you're having a very blessed week. You are such a blessing to me, and I am SO grateful that you continue to share your amazing art in our challenges, Beth. God bless you as you create and share.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the pin cushion! My mom has a real one exactly like that! Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, love this card so much! Thanks for sharing it with us at Totally papercrafts this week.
    Hugs
    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card my aunt would adore it. Love the little thread holder and needle embellishment. Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends for our Colour Inspiration Challenge. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Beth, love the colours and the textures you have added. Great idea...Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine Challenge this week and hope we see you again soon. Good Luck..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Love that pin cushion and the needle/thread. I love sewing themed cards...just wish I could sew! :) Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever! I love all the sewing items, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful creation indeed! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creation! Wonderful development and execution of your main theme! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sewing svg files must be a wonderful treat. I Love this card. It flooded me with memories of Mommy sewing and that pincushion was always full.
    Thank you so much for taking time out your day to post this wonderfully creative artwork with us this week, at WAW. We love it when you enter your projects with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card! Wish I knew how to use cut files. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts this month, we hope to see you every month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card! I love your coloured image and also the textures that you have added.

    Thanks for sharing at Bearly Mine this week.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the spool. Amazing card! Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sew pretty, great colors. Have a great week!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, what a brill idea with the cotton and thread :). Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenges this week. Good luck. hugs Jackie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! I love the needle and thread and the bright Colors. Thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great idea ~ I really like this image. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute...Love all the colors and the embellishments you added. Thanks for blessing us with such a wonderful project this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh cute! Thanks for joining us at Chalk N Stock June Challenge.

    ReplyDelete