Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Back to School Photo Prop

Today I wanted to share with you the photo prop I created for my kids' back to school pictures.  I used the Chalkboard from SVG Attic's Back 2 School.  It is actually a card, and a very pretty one at that.  But I knew it would be perfect for what I had in mind!
Instead of using the included sentiment for the chalkboard, I used a free printable from Jones Creek Creations and just sized it to fit the inside of the chalkboard.  I embossed the outside of the chalkboard with a woodgrain embossing folder and distressed it with brown chalk ink.  To embellish, I used some Cranberry Trendy Twine along the bottom and school themed buttons.
The best part is that I adhered the printable with dotto repositionable adhesive, so I could use the same prop for my Pre-Schooler too!
Here is a close up of the Cranberry Trendy Twine I used.
If you are new to Trendy Twine, you will want to check out these fun places:

Shop for Trendy Twine HERE
Trendy Twine on Facebook
Trendy Twine Blog

Mark your calendars for our Halloween Facebook Hop!  Like our Facebook page if you haven't already to be reminded when it is here!  It is going to be so much fun!!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering here:
Aug 30 Little Scrap Pieces
Aug 30 Pumpkin Spice
Aug 31 DL.Art
Aug 31 Stampin Royals

17 comments:

  1. Love the photo props, what a great idea and fun way to memorialize the first day of school! Your little guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE Beth!
    What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Cute & COOL idea!! Awesome project!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Beth! Your card prop is great but... your kiddos are so completely adorable!! You are well blessed my friend.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I said before..
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! I love the chalkboard font! Nice!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, I love the pics of your boys, and the photo prop is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects!! Your boy are too cute....I mean handsome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun idea!! The embossing is perfect and the buttons are so cute! Thanks for linking up your project at Craftin Desert Divas! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Beth! These turned out SO cute. You're a busy crafter, indeed. I always enjoy seeing your creativity at work. Hope you're having a blessed week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous signs for first day of school. Thanks for sharing at Craftin' Desert Divas this week for our Back to School Linky Party.

    School Rules,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Craftin' Desert Divas DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Beth, these are great and you kiddos are as cute as can be.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth, these are so fun and they were the inspiration for me to make a photo prop for my daughter. Your boys are so cute in the pics! When my son was in second grade last year, we also had lots of pictures of his toothless smiles. Such a fun age!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea, Beth. And so super creative. Your boys are adorable! Hope they have a fantastic school year!

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! LOVE your chalkboard effect - and what fun pictures with them! Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete