Sunday, September 28, 2014

Blast From The Past- Ribbon Rose Card

I first posted this card in June.  Click here for my original post.  I am re-posting it to enter it in My Craft Spot's blast from the past challenge.
I used patterned paper from Echo Park's Beautiful Life 6x6 pad.  The doily die and the stamp I used are from My Craft Spot.  I inked around the patterned paper and the doily with brown chalk ink.  Now on to the ribbon creations!  I started out making this rose out of the  red ribbon.  To make it, I cut a 2" circle out of chipboard and covered it in 1/2" red line tape so it would be super sticky.  I just started at the center and bent the ribbon in 1/2 with the bent edge down and made a tight roll of ribbon.  Then I pressed that down in the center of the circle base and made looser circles of the ribbon around it.  I would turn the ribbon every so often to make it appear that there were petals on the rose, but I kept the ribbon folded in 1/2 the whole time.
 I used the green ribbon for the leaves and adhered them under the rose.  Of course, I couldn't just leave well enough alone, so I twisted some brown ribbon into two twigs and used off-white ribbon to make small buds on those twigs.  It gave those twigs a pussy willow-ish appearance.  I used lots of glue dots on this card for all of the ribbon.
This picture is to show you how flat the card still is!  It is still easily mailable even though there is a big flower on it :)

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering here:
Sept 30 My Craft Spot

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Beth!! The flower is gorgeous!! What a fabulous blast from the past!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Beth! Love the ribbon rose! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, this is stunning! Your ribbon rose is incredible... I love how you used ribbon for the entire thing, right down to the twigs and stem! The doily base is so pretty and the tiny tag is so sweet! Thank you for sharing your favorite blast from the past with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so pretty! I love that flower! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the layering you've done with your gorgeous rose on the beautiful doily!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Your flower is so pretty! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete