Saturday, March 11, 2017

Midwest Spelling Bee Card

Happy Saturday!  Right now my oldest son is participating in the Midwest Spelling Bee in Omaha, NE.  It is pretty intimidating to think my 4th grader will be going up against amazing spellers (who are mostly older than him!) from across the state.  I created this card for him to wish him good luck.
 The 6x6 card base was made from DCWV's Grade School stack.  The circular spelling bee logo was traced and edited by me in my SCAL software.  It took a little time to get it just right, but I am so glad I took the time to do it!  I kept it simple with just the addition of a double bow of Bumblebee Trendy Twine and two homemade enamel dots.
So, wish us all luck!  It will be a great experience for the whole family :)  If you want to see the card I made for him earlier for our local spelling bee, you can check out THIS post.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best today! I'm sure you will be one proud mommy and have lots to scrapbook! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool. I am always telling my students to be prepared for a Spelling Bee.

    ReplyDelete